Blog do Andre »

Rock N Roll Full Marathon 2011

Rock N Roll Marathon, that was my task last sunday ... what a task!!! It was also part of my preparation for the Ironman in Hawaii, since I will need to run a full marathon after the bike. In triathlons, the swim part its ok for me, that was my sport over the past eight years, In the bike, I can keep up and deliver myself in a good position for the run, but this last, definitely the most challenging of all. I have been struggling with pain in my leg whenever I need to run greater distances than half marathons, but last sunday I had the opportunity to experience a new socket system for my prosthetic, with a new tipe of liner to make sure a have the right cushion to protect the tip of my tibia. The system uses a Elevated Vacuum Suspension created by the pump LimbLogic VS, its a great idea to keep the vacuum during the entire run. The vacuum secure the limb in place within the prosthetic socket. An airtight socket is critical for success with vacuum suspension.
The combination of this System brought much more comfort and allowed me to finish the marathon in a decent time. 4h58min, and this was using the new socket for only two weeks. Now I'll need to spend some time training and getting used to the new socket and shave some more minutes in my next opportunity to compete in a full marathon again.... under 4 hours?? thats my goal.

I thank Hanger Prosthetics & Orthotics for having allowed me to experiment with this system. It was a success!!!




Maratona Rock N Roll/San Diego - California, esse foi o meu objetivo do último Domingo, que desafio! Também é parte da minha preparação para o Ironman do Hawaii em Outubro, já que eu vou precisar correr uma maratona completa depois da bike. No Triathlon, a natação é algo sem mistério pra mim, já que esse foi o meu esporte principal nos últimos 8 anos, o ciclismo é satisfatório, consigo manter um posição regular, mas a corrida é o meu maior problema. Eu tenho sofrido com altas dores no meu coto sempre quando eu preciso correr distâncias maiores do que meia maratona, mas no último final de semana, eu tive a oportunidade de testar um novo sistema de encaixe com um novo tipo de liner (meia de silicone) que garante o acolchoado necessário na ponta da minha amputação. O sistema também é constituido de uma bomba de expulsão de ar da Limblogic VS. É uma ótima idéia que permite manter o vácuo acontecendo durante toda a corrida. O vácuo garante 100% de contato entre a amputação e o encaixe.
Essa combinação completa do sistema me trouxe muito mais conforto e me permitiu terminar a maratona em um tempo satisfatório, 4h58min. Eu fiz o encaixe dessa protése nem duas semanas antes da maratona, não me acostumei com o novo molde ainda. Agora eu só preciso treinar mais e após estar mais confortável com o equipamento, pretendo correr em uma próxima oportunidade de maratona, para um tempo ainda melhor, menos de 4h? esse é o meu objetivo!

Eu agradeço à Hanger Prosthetics & Orthotics por me possibilitar correr com o novo sistema.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário